Eating healthy foods is really good for your overall health and your weight, but it can also work wonders on your hair! There are some foods you can eat as part of a healthy, balanced diet that will help you get full, lush, healthy hair.
It makes sense, eating better makes everything better! There are a few things you can eat to give your hair an advantage: B Vitamins (like Biotin and B12), Zinc, Vitamin C, Iron, Protein, Vitamin A can all help your hair feel softer, shinier, and more manageable.
- Eggs - Eggs are high in biotin which helps hair grow and keeps your scalp healthy
- Lean Meats- Protein is essential, because it makes up hair's structure, called "keratin." Protein helps hair grow fast and keeps new strands strong.
- Spinach - Folate and iron are found in leafy greens like spinach. Eating enough iron can help prevent hair loss.
- Sweet Potatoes - Beta-carotene is high in Vitamin A, which helps with hair cell growth.
- Seafood - Oysters, crab, and clams include lots of zinc which prevents hair loss and dandruff. Enough zinc can also help your hair grow quickly.
Mount Pleasant Hair Salon
If your hair needs more than just a vitamin boost, come into our Mount Pleasant hair salon for cuts, color, styling, conditioning treatments, and more. We also offer spray tans, waxing, and bridal hair and makeup services in the salon.